Tuesday 9 August 2011

I must apologise....

for my extreme delay in writing anything on this blog. Perhaps following Daphne de Maurier I have been too content to write (for her, writing was like an affliction which ran concurrently with the sadder moments of her life (see previous post)). Never fear, though, turbulence has returned to my existence; both personally- the thud to reality, finding a job and learning to live- and nationally- the riots which have sprung up in London and, as I write, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham and Liverpool.

Again, never fear, this blog will try not to turn into self-indulgent moaning about the lack of jobs (there are plenty, there are just plenty of other people) and neither will it attempt to explain rioting or condemn it- how can we adequately comment on these events at this proximity to them? Rather, this blog will maintain its original function as a space to think and write things down. I hope any readers will also comment or e-mail me with provocations, replies etc.

This post serves as a re-introduction and if I don't live up to to its claims feel free to ballast me with comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment